Patient Catering Supervisor
We currently have an exciting opportunity for A Patient Catering Supervisor to work with our high profile contract in Kings College Hospital. You will help lead our highly motivated and focused team, who deliver outstanding customer service in facilitating patient’s nutrition and hydration needs.Main responsibilities
The role involves day to day supervisory of patient feeding services, leading the team and computer administration duties. The Patient Feeding Supervisor will play a part in ensuring that staff and facilities are compliant in all aspects of training, H&S and client audits requirements.
You will be responsible for the following duties:
- To satisfy the needs of the patients whilst ensuring the Host/Hostess are achieving the service and product delivery standard.
- To have a close working relationship with the clinical staff to ensure a quick response to all queries raised.
- Responsible for the front line patient catering team within the hospital.
- Hold performance reviews with new starters and existing staff
- To work alongside the Patient catering manager to ensure all team Leaders & Host/ Hostess are completing daily and weekly jobs.
In this position you will need to be available to work 5 days over 7 which includes weekends, be available to work during the breakfast, lunch or supper service.
- Excellent people skills, able to motivate and lead a team
- Previous experience of high volume catering units in patient sector site or previous experience in high volume housekeeping
- Passion for food and achieving 100% customer satisfaction
- High standards and be quality driven
- Strong IT, administrative and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety and Infection control preferable
- Ability to work under pressure individually and as part of a team
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
This vacancy is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that all convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings on your criminal record need to be disclosed. An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be applied for in the event of a successful application.
Only relevant convictions and other information will be taken into account, so disclosure will not necessarily be a bar to attaining this position.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, working in more than 50 acute hospitals and medical treatment centres. Our aim is to provide the highest quality, best value cleaning, catering, logistics support and retail services to the healthcare sector. Medirest improves the patient experience by consistently delivering:
- Clean and safe hospitals
- The best patient dining experience in the world
- Flexible and professional logistic services including ‘on-demand’ portering, helpdesk and support services
- The best choice of retail brands including high street names