Lodge Hill Trust
House Manager – Job Description
Lodge Hill is a 32 acre outdoor education and activities centre set in the heart of the South Downs National Park, near Pulborough. We are looking to recruit a full time dynamic House Manager with fantastic people, hospitality and organisational skills to join our team.
These are exciting times at Lodge Hill as we plan our future development and expansion; including a complete redesign and refurbishment of our catering and dining facilities.
Applicants must have a passion for excellent service delivery, high standards, and outstanding management skills, including managing change, with a proven track record.
Post responsible to: The Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: All domestic and catering staff
Hours: 37 per week (to include out of hours/weekends and bank holidays if necessary). Extra hours may also be necessary according to business needs.
Salary: £32,000 P/A
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the management of all catering, domestic and hospitality across the Lodge Hill site
- Ensure the delivery of high standards of catering, domestic, customer and hospitality services
- Manage, motivate and develop the staff involved with all catering and housekeeping duties (including where necessary agency staff)
- Purchase all necessary materials, consumables and non-consumables within the limits of the allocated budget
- The safe use and maintenance of equipment in accordance with the Trust health, safety and hygiene policies
- The security and reconciliation of all food and sundry stocks
- Oversee the preparation, cooking, portioning and presentation of meals to high standard and in line with the needs of customers
- At times be required to prepare and/or cook some meals, though not essential
- Develop and plan new and varied menus on a seasonal basis always giving due regard to good nutrition and food costs.
- To attend all H&S committee meetings chaired by a Lodge Hill Trustee
- To manage the ordering, receipt distribution, collection and despatch of goods and services as necessary to service delivery
- In liaison with the Finance Manager, be responsible for the House Budget and monitor expenditure
- Maintain up to date knowledge on all health and safety procedures and hygiene standards, ensuring they are upheld in all areas at all times
- Be responsible for appointing/inducting/training/managing all relevant staff
- Drive customer service standards across the site
- Maintaining strong site standards as well as adhering to the Trusts high ethical values
- Dealing with Day to Day enquiries
- Overseeing function rooms, conference suites and bar facilities
- Be the responsible person for private functions, including Weddings
- Create a strong awareness of local competition
- Undertake any duty within the scope of the job title as directed by the CEO
- To participate in appropriate meetings as required
- To work at all times according to the Trust Policies and Procedures and review/implement all relevant policies and procedures with the CEO
- To work at all times within the confidentiality boundaries appropriate to the post
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of post as may be required from time to time
The Ideal Candidate will have/be:
- Proven track record as a Hospitality/House Manager
- Ideally educated to Degree level
Will need to be qualified 706/2 or equivalent and have up to date training: Level 4 in managing Food Safety, HACCP Training and First Aid
- Will be IT proficient Be self-motivated Possess excellent people skills and the ability to motivate the team Be an Ambassador for outstanding customer liaison and service Possess a strong financial acumen Will be a strong leader Will be highly organised with strong communication skills Understanding of the flexible nature and demands of the post Ability to prioritise and work under pressure in a calm and highly efficient manner Nurture working relationships with partners and build business
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all
Positions within the Trust:
1. Participation in staff meetings.
2. Participation in training activities.
3. Participation in staff supervision and personal development review
4. Participate in quality assurance systems.
5. Take responsibility for personal development by keeping abreast of developments in the field catering.
6. All duties must be carried out to comply with:
a. Notification of accidents and other Health and Safety requirements.
b. Statutory legislation, in particular the Health and Hygiene regulations.
c. Nationally and locally agreed Codes of Good Practice.
d. Fire precautions.
e. Equal opportunity principles and the Trusts anti-discriminatory policy.
Health and Safety:
Responsible for own health and safety and of any other who may be affected by your acts.
The post holder will be required to work flexibly, to include unsociable hours
Any offer of position is subject to acceptable references and DBS/List 99 checks
Please send CV and covering letter either by email or post to:
Lisa May, Chief Executive Officer
Lodge Hill Trust
Please mark your envelope ‘private and confidential’
Direct Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Noon Monday 21st August
Interviews: Wednesday 6th September at Lodge Hill, Watersfield, Nr Pulborough, West Sussex
Late applications will not be considered