Chef De Partie
About The Facility
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
As Chef de Partie you will be responsible for the preparation and cooking of our five star hotel standard food menus, which are at a complex and advanced level. In addition, you will need to ensure a high level of consistency and maintenance of kitchen standards and will work well within the team to ensure that all food is sent out in a timely manner.
Salary: £19,093 - £22,126 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 40 Hours a week, working various shifts, Monday - Sunday
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a section within a busy kitchen brigade
- Follow food production worksheets and prepare food as requested
- Prepare special diets
- Supervise junior staff, ensuring quality standards are maintained
- Monitor stock levels weekly
- Daily temperature checks on refrigeration units
Skills & Experience
- Good spoken and written English
- Previous experience of working within a similar role - Commis Chef or Chef de Partie level
- Previous experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Experience in a 4/5 star Hotel establishment or similar hospital environment
- Qualification/training in relevant discipline e.g. City & Guild 706 levels 1 & 2, or equivalent
- A good understanding of Health and safety principles
- Basic food hygiene regulations and practice
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have a real passion about food and be willing to develop the team and bring new ideas. They will have the ability to work under pressure and deal with ad hoc requests. Good time management and organisation skills are a must.