You will be part of a brigade of 6 chef that supports high quality education at the De Montford University in Leicester, by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff.
You will assist in leading a team who share the same passion for preparing exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.
It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward too and really love.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.Package description
Salary £11.50 per hour
Monday to Friday, some weekends, between 7am - 4pm, needs to be flexible
37.5 Hours per Week
Easy access to public transport
Meals on duty
Plenty of opportunity for progression
- The Sous Chef will assist the Exec Chef to plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering pupil and staff feeding along with an extensive range of hospitality and events
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- Proven experience in a role as Sous Chef/Strong Senior CDP being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers and making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have great people skills and able to communicate at all levels, lead, develop, train, motivate and inspire a large team.
- Show a real passion for food whilst demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Superb culinary skills
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
Chartwells is part of the Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.