Marketing Manager - Food/Retail, Accomodation, IFM
A fantastic role you can make your own. Due to continued growth and development of our Universities offer, we have identified a new opportunity for a dynamic and highly commercial Marketing Manager. Reporting to the European Marketing Director, this exciting role is pivotal in the enhancement of our retail, student accommodation and IFM strategy, ultimately driving consumer services (B2C), high levels of room occupancy, student attraction/experience and market growth.
This role will suit innovative and highly driven Marketeers, experienced in retail/food marketing and the consumer journey (B2C) ideally teamed with experience in the accommodation market and a knowledge of the evolving student customer base. Engaging our consumers, you will monitor market trends and assist with core strategies to increase awareness and understand student behaviour in today’s market.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a newly established team, help shape the future of the student experience, drive commercial growth and develop your career within a global market leader.
Plus bonus plan, flexible benefits and company carMain responsibilities
- Develop, implement and drive the sales and marketing strategy of our Universities business, including retail/food services, student accommodation and IFM services (facilities management)
- Create, support and deliver market leading, value added service & offers as well as deliver CURG YoY within the universities and student living segment
- Ensure all campaigns maximize and drive student experience, interaction and advocacy
- Provide sales and marketing support for new business tenders and provide marketing and PR services on behalf of the Company.
- Data management, including obtaining and updating market data, research and analysis used to develop the Universities offering
- Create full Universities by Sodexo offer development, to include all retail and catering services, Student Living and IFM service lines (hard & soft facilities management)
- Design and develop a retail strategy for the Universities segment
- Evaluate all activity ensuring ROI are monitored and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Create a lasting impression amongst consumers/clients and improving products sales and market shares.
- Assist with the conceptualisation of core strategies to increase awareness and development of the proposition and ensure compliance with all outputs.
- Work with clients and business development to create site deliverable overarching strategies.
- Demonstrable experience in a commercial, consumer led Marketing role, with evidence of successful campaigns and strategies
- Experience or knowledge of the student accommodation market and student consumer journey
- Organised and methodical, able to multi task and plan and prioritise work accordingly and under pressure
- Experience/knowledge of IFM or facilities management an advantage
- Articulate and thorough, showing attention to detail
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing for both internal and external groups such as colleagues and clients respectively
- Demonstrates good inter-personal skills and develops relationships based on mutual respect and professionalism
- Educated to Degree/A-level standard with GCSE/O’level Maths and English (or equivalent) essential
- Flexible approach to work, including regular travel and international travel on occasions
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.