Unit Manager - M&S, Leeds
1 day left
- Full Time
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Unit Manager to oversee managing a motivated, trained team with the appropriate skills to deliver a profitable store and ensure all budget targets and KPI’s are not just achieved, but exceeded.
Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day to day business, you'll maximise your performance as well as the teams in the manager's absence. Leading by example and setting high standards, you'll enhance sales and provide our customers with great service.
As an M&S Unit Manager, you ensure the success of a large M&S Store within the Hospital. In the manager's absence, you will be responsible for a large team, across the 7-day operation to achieve forecasted sales.Package description
As part of our exciting period of growth and transformation we are currently recruiting for a Unit Manager to join our M&S Store in Leeds.
As an Unit Manager you will be an ambassador for the M&S brand standards and ensure that the customer is always at the heart of everything we do, but when it comes to creating unbeatable experiences, there's plenty of room to let your personality flow.
Championing the M&S culture, you'll assist in putting your team, customers and community first and make it your mission to get to know them, understand what makes them tick and perform the little, big and medium-sized acts that leave everyone smiling.
What is on offer?
A competitive salary & benefits, a supportive team, a company that embraces new ideas and a training and development culture. You will be encouraged to be the best you can be in this role and given all of the tools and training to step up into a Store Manager role whenever ready.
- Salary circa £28,000
- Monday to Friday (occasional weekends & bank hols)
- 40 hours per week (flexible with start times and closing times)
- Excellent training and development schemes
- High street and online retail discounts
- Up to 55% off cinema tickets
- Ensure that the sales floor team are delivering great customer service by completing the service observations and giving priority on the staffing boards to the customer service required on the department.
- Respond and deal with questions, concerns and complaints from customers, offering the best resolution to the situation.
- Train and motivate the staff continuously. Develop a succession plan with clear KPIs for team. Complete reviews with teams to engage and develop.
- Make sure that the required standards of attitude and shop-keeping standards are met by the completion of the daily staffing board giving time and accountability to achieve the required checks.
- Support your team to control and manage the sales floor staffing models, holiday planning and booking, ensuring that the unit delivers the right people, in the right place, at the right time.
- Develop a clear understanding and actively contribute to the till management strategy for your store, improving results, delivering till checks and supporting the security within the site
- Implement layouts accurately, maintain pricing and ticketing standards and assist with the compilation of the weekly compliance
- Ensure daily activity from the staffing boards has been accurately reflected on the staffing sheets, in preparation for the Unit Managers daily sign off.
- Comply with Compass Group policies and procedures whilst maintaining M&S compliance.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all colleagues are trained with full evidence of recruitment and training within ER files.
- Complete reviews with teams to engage and develop.
- Needs to be flexible first shift is 0530 and last shift finishes at 2100, needs to be able to work this range of hours if required.
- Expected to respond to out of hours call if the RDM (fridge / freezer system) alarms through the night.
- Experience in a Retail/Food Assistant Management or Unit Management role
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health & Safety is essential
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Computer literate
- A 'Can do' attitude
- A passionate team leader ethos
If you are a successful Assistant store Manager looking for a bigger store with a clear career path ahead or a successful Assistant Manager/Supervisor looking for a step up then we want to hear from you.About the company
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.