Salary/Hourly Rate: £14.19 per hour
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent.,Term-time only
Contact Name: Alister Duckett
We have a vacancy for a hands on Chef / Manager to work full time hours at a prestigious school in the Stamford area.
The school is a family run school where a supportive and friendly environment is provided for pupils, parents and the catering team alike.
Working very much in partnership with the School, the successful candidate will be tasked to deliver a quality service whilst educating pupils about healthy food options and broadening their tastes through seasonal menus.
We are looking for a forward thinking individual with flair and imagination, a can do attitude, community spirit and above all, someone who is a real people person who wants to join a school that they can be proud of, care for and become a part of.
You must have:
• A talent for providing great looking, fresh food to pupils and staff
• Strong craft skills with ideally a work history in contract catering
• Experience supervising or managing a team
• A nationally recognised catering qualification
Responsibilities will include
• Ensuring a high quality food service every day
• Making food fun for pupils and staff by organising special events, tasting tables and theme days
• Catering for 5 star hospitality events, match teas and other school events
• Managing a team, including completing training and appraisals
• Completing menus and ordering
• Managing a tight budget including food costings including production sheets
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you want to work in a friendly, fun workplace where you are really valued for your contribution – APPLY TODAY