As Catering Manager, you'll plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the catering operational business area at our Defence site.
You'll ensure your customer focused team are engaged, motivated and getting the most from their roles.
If you are innovative, highly motivated, passionate about food and keeping up to date with food trends, this is a fantastic opportunity for you where you can contribute to providing Armed Forces personnel with the high quality facilities and services they deserve, and be proud to do so
Do you wish for the comfort of not having to work split shifts, late nights and every weekend?
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of today’s rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
We’re proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.
Competitive salary of ££22,000 - £23,400 plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the catering operational business area
- Ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPIs and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained and developed for assigned operational business area
- Contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control within operational business area in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- Continually monitor all food standards and hygiene standards and ensure they are maintained at the highest level
- Embrace the principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexo’s vision and values
- Manage all aspects of performance of an assigned group of direct reports
*please see attached job description for further detailsIdeal candidate
- Knowledge and experience of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Proven experience in catering sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Leadership skills and knowledge - People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing colleague performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:- BSC (Catering), MHCIM, HND, City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and 3 and possess intermediate food safety or equivalent
- Able to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar role
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing safely
- Soft FM specific technical skills including contract catering, hospitality, retail and cleaning knowledge and skills
- Proven experience of managing client relationships within a contract environment
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.