HMP YOI Bronzefield are recruiting for a Chef (Industrial/Volume).
You will assist in the preparation and cooking of meals for 600 residents twice daily in accordance to Sodexo policies and procedures and maintain all food safety/ Health and Safety regulations.
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP YOI Bronzefield focuses on providing needs-based services and programmes aimed at rehabilitating and maintaining the well-being of prisoners. HMP YOI Bronzefield is an all female prison that can hold up to 527 women.
Sodexo Justice delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.Package description
£19,387.35 +287.75 London weighting recurring every month.
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday (pro-rated).
Occasional evening and weekend working will be requiredMain responsibilities
- Ensure the training and supervision of prisoners and assist residents to achieve a Food Safety Level 2 to be carried out throughout the year
- Assist residents to achieve NVQ Level 1&2 qualifications in Catering where possible
- Be compliant with all paperwork requests within the department and wider prison context
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of meals for 600 residents twice daily in accordance to Sodexo policies and procedures and following the choices from a four week menu of a varied and diverse menu options.
- Maintain all food safety/ Health and Safety regulations.
- Provide Residents support to increase their Catering knowledge and pass a recognised Catering qualification.
- Follow instructions given by Catering Manager and Supervisor.
- Challenge negative behaviour reporting to catering prison officers.
- Increase prisoners’ employability and reduce re-offending.
- Assist with tool checks on regular intervals through-out the day.
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures, such as Security, Health and Safety and adhered to and take responsibility of the work area
- Attend team meetings to evaluate progress and promote good practice and attend staff meetings.
- Establish a rapport with residents to encourage them to learn and achieve a recognised qualification
- Monitor quality control of work produced by prisoners to maintain standards required
- Undertake duties as required by the Director or Catering Manager that will contribute to the effective operation of HMP & YOI Bronzefield
- Minimum Qualification City and Guilds 7132/06-07 or 706/2 diploma in food production and cooking or equivalent.
- Experience of industrial catering.
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Experience in a prison or forces environment
- Experience of teaching or working with disadvantaged groups or in a Young Offender or prison environment.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.