Assistant Retail/Catering Manager (cafe/concessions)
This is an exciting opportunity for an assistant retail catering professional to support the management of a fast paced and vibrant café operation. In this role, you will supervise a small team to deliver an outstanding service at a hugely popular café located on the campus grounds of a high profile University.
This is a highly commercial, concessions led retail operation so successful candidates will ideally have a food retail background, excellent customer service skills and enjoy working in a fast paced environment with high volumes of customers including both students and members of the public.
- Daily supervision of a catering retail business, including hot and cold beverages and a ‘grab and go’ food offer, ensuring the delivery of successful results and customer satisfaction.
- Supervise a team of 4, ensuring that we deliver a high quality and efficient service
- Support the Catering manager to drive innovation in product delivery and customer service, anticipating and leading market trends
- Engage and motivate the team to increase sales and service efficiency
- Ensure the operation is modelled on a “five star” service provision with a focus on providing a high level of customer care
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site H&S compliance together with the monitoring of related equipment.
- Experience in supervising/managing a concessions led retail catering operation
- High street retail knowledge or experience an advantage
- Experience of engaging and motivating a team in a similar fast paced operation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management.
- Experience in adhering to and driving company initiatives.
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
assistant manager, assistant catering manager, assistant retail manager, Dublin Ireland, café manager,