Sodexo have secured a new contract with Farnborough International Exhibition and Conference Centre, which is set to become the pre-eminent events venue in the South East. We are looking for a General Manager to lead the team and shape the future of this 10 year contract. The centre is set to open early in 2018 and Sodexo are extremely pleased to be part of this exciting new venture. This role offers the opportunity to join the team from the start and establish the venue as a leading events destination. As the General Manager you will drive your site forward in all areas, delivering quality service to customers and clients, developing people, driving quality whilst ensuring sustainable profits.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship, RHS Chelsea Flower Show and the Rugby World Cup.
For more information on working in our Sports and Leisure Sodexo business see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Circa £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits packageMain responsibilities
This role involves managing a team across retail, catering, conferencing and staffing who will provide an exceptional level of service to our customers. Managing your budget you will take the opportunity to maximise profits, look for opportunities of growth and bring your commercial acumen to this role, where you will shape the strategy for the contract, in conjunction with the Regional Managing Director. You will ensure our Service Level Agreements are met, manage change as the contract becomes established, articulate revenues and future plans, retain talent and support development plan and build a long lasting relationship with the Client. Key to this role is building partnerships, with the Client but also with the wider Sodexo business. This is an exceptional opportunity to become involve from the start and help establish the venue as a leader in it's field. Ideal candidate
- Proven experience in managing P&L accounts
- Proven operational knowledge, skills and experience in managing multi-site/multi service operations
- Management of large and diverse teams
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Ability to interpret and utilise complex and varied financial and commercial information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and employees at all levels
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment