Mess Accounts Clerk
The role of a Mess Accounts Clerk is to conduct the daily routine financial operation of the Mess on behalf of the Mess Committee.Main responsibilities
- Open and action any post received
- Communicate with the relevant committee members ensuring to document content of conversation and date.
- Answer queries received from individuals regarding Mess ensuring to document content of conversation and date
- Understand any accounting or IT support provided either written or by telephone
- Be aware of the Contract regarding time scales
- Be aware of and adhere to Company time scales
- Ensure the security of any money held in respect of the Mess Accounts
Although a formal qualification is not essential, an accounting qualification is preferred. Association Of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Foundation is the preferred minimum qualification.
A military background would be ideal, however knowledge of the military would be an advantage.About the company
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.