This supervisor role has arisen at one of our university sites on the south coast starting in August 2017. With up to 600 daily customers on site this is a busy site that demands exemplary service standards. This person must have an eye for detail, good communication and organisational skills are essential. You will join a fun and dynamic team who pride themselves on high standards.
University of Chichester, Bognor Regis Campus
Summary of Role
As Supervisor you will be responsible for motivating your team to achieve Elior UK objectives. Also for ensuring maximised efficiency of all resources available to ensure excellent service delivery in line with clients and Elior UK requirements within your area of responsibility. A key part of the role is the delivery and management of the hospitality service on campus. The person must take an active role in delivering and collecting orders and dealing with customer enquiries.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Supervisor for Elior you will be expected:
- Proactive management of team for area of responsibility. Responsible for assisting in the recruitment process and providing ongoing support, training and development for the team.
- Responsible for supporting the “Elior eXperience” communication and for embedding the standards within the team supporting the service champion as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal relationships, management reporting and client liaison to support the delivery of operational excellence.
- Ensure the team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients.
- Responsible for ensuring that all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures.
- To manage and support the compliance of COSHH, Health & Safety, Hygiene and Food Safety regulations throughout the team and to report any incidents in line with procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- To support innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budget.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As Supervisor we look for the following:
- A passion for service: Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills. Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times. Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
- A performance driven approach: Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Taking the initiative: Confident and able to motivate, influence and persuade others.
- Respecting commitments: Adaptable, whilst able to confirm strictly to Elior UK procedures. Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole eXperience matters as Supervisor for Elior we look for:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
Salary & Benefits
Salary £9,100 p/a (£8.75 p/hr)
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
The role is available on either a full time contract or term time only.
20 hours per week on a full time contract. During university term time the hours will mainly be 1100 - 1500 in university holidays times may very due to needs of the service. Role will be mainly Monday to Friday but the Supervisor will be expected to work on university open days and for weekend functions when required. Full Time Salary £9,100 p/a (£8.75 p/hr)
20 hours per week on a term time only contract (40 weeks plus 4 weeks holiday included in monthly salary)Hours will mainly be 1100 - 1500. Role will be mainly Monday to Friday but the Supervisor will be expected to work on university open days and for weekend functions when required. Salary £7,700 p/a (£8.75 p/hr)