General Manager Members Dining- Wimbledon AELTC
Wimbledon All England Lawn Tennis Club is one of the world’s iconic sporting locations serving as a Members Club during 50 weeks of the year and then, for two weeks, hosting The Championships – the world’s premier grass court tennis tournament.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Members Dining General Manager. The Members Dining General Manager provide a first class, five-star experience to our Members, and their guests, of the All England Lawn Tennis Club. Reporting to the Operations Director you will be responsible for leading a team of 9 full-time members of the team complemented by several casual members of staff.
The dining offer within the Clubhouse comprises of a formal dining room serving lunch seven days a week with supper served Monday to Thursday evenings; an all day, less formal offer, is available in the Summer Tea Room where morning pastries, snack lunches, and afternoon tea are served. The Landing Bar is open for morning coffee and an all-day drinks service.Package description
To work 5 out of 7 days, in line with business needs although predominantly covering evenings from Monday to Thursday.Main responsibilities
- To ensure that the highest level of food and customer service is provided at all times and in all areas of the Clubhouse.
- To understand the requirements of the Members and to build a relationship with them via first class communication and customer skills.
- To maintain excellent working relationships with the team and to lead them via a ‘hands on’ approach to the job
- Lead a team of variable staff at peak times, communicating and motivating individuals effectively toward achievement of objectives.
- To oversee all areas of Health and Safety and Food Safety as required by law and Compass Group.
- To liaise with the Office team in facilitating Match Day Catering, Members Events and events taking place in the Rolex Suite
- To assist in any other areas of the business, as required and to be available to work the entire length of the Championships.
- To have worked in a private Members or Five Star establishment with a minimum of five-year previous experience
- Outstanding customer focused skills
- Strong Organisational Skills
- To be immaculately groomed and well presented
- To have a flexible approach to work maintaining a calm and dignified manner at all times
- Perceptive leader with a real passion for building a strong team
- Unprecedented attention to detail throughout all areas of operations
- A good working knowledge of wines and the confidence to recommend an match wines to food is desirable
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere, and legendary service.