Chef de Partie
2 days left
- Full Time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate chef de partie to join our brigade of experienced chefs in Bradfield College, Reading area. You will be assisting the brigade catering mainly for lunch and dinner all from fresh produce, working towards very high standards. If you have experience working in a high profile site or a hotel environment, we would like to hear from youPackage description
Salary – £18000 to £22000
40 Hours per Week, 5 days out of 7 on average 2 weekends off a month, will need to be flexible
No split shift or very late nights
Up to 10 % in various high street stores
Will need your own transport
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Excellent opportunities to progress and develop your career within the largest contract catering company in the world
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative menus delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great food comes from great ingredients. Our Chefs use seasonal produce, adding their own individual creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.Main responsibilities
- Catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner all from fresh produce
- Working with a brigade of well qualified and motivated chefs
- Will be assisting the Head Chef and the rest of the brigade by cooking high quality food all from fresh, to a high volume of customers, who expect excellent service and quality food.
- Adhere to H&S and F&H standards
- Will also be involved in catering for hospitality
- Assist in stock taking, ordering of stock etc.
- A 'Can do' attitude
- Excellent people skills
- Work well under pressure
- Experience working within a high volume and high profile site
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent team player
- Use their own initiative
- Passion about food and customer service
- Good organisational & communication skills
- Proven experience in a Corporate Catering or Luxury Hotel environment
Chartwells is part of the Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio