Production Sous Chef
2 days left
- Full Time
We currently have a brand new and unique opportunity for a Production Sous Chef to join our team. You will be fully responsible for the food preparation at this high volume corporate contract, contributing to the efficient running of the kitchen and service. You will ensure that yourself and your team of three work to the highest standard, whilst ensuring the kitchen runs smoothly, safely and hygienically.Package description
Up to £28,000
Sunday - Thursday
Excellent development and progression opportunitiesMain responsibilities
- Monitor standards of hygiene and appearance to ensure company standards are maintained.
- Respond to the pace of the business in terms of speed of work and productivity
- Prepare food in the correct manner, in compliance with company food specifications
- Work with the entire team including managers and supervisors to provide quality, well-presented food with speed and efficiency
- Where appropriate make recommendations to improve products and service
- Follow instructions to maximise product yield and minimise waste.
- To make sure that you meet all legal and company requirements for fire, health, safety, and hygiene
- Ideally, you will have NVQ Level 1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Proven experience as a Sous Chef
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- The skills to produce great food
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Team player
- A 'Can-do' attitude
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company and FTSE100 business. We employ up to 80,000 people annually - a figure that contributes significantly to our status as the world’s 11th largest employer – and provide a wide range of services to clients in every conceivable sector including Schools, Race Courses, Hospitals, Power Stations, High-street stores and everything in between.
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion, Can-do and Responsibility.