General Services Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
If you’re an experienced facilities manager looking for a new challenge then this could be the right opportunity for you.
We are recruiting a General Services Manager to take accountability for the delivery of Facilities Services including cleaning and catering, on site at our CITB contract in Norfolk.
- Accountable for services at this location including cleaning, catering, Costa, Costcutter shop services.
- Responsible for 85 employees
- Maximise the profitability of the contract and manage costs effectively
- Act as the operational interface between the client(s) and the account Manager/director (or equivalent)
- Manage the onsite client and Sodexo services and teams to deliver the agreed SLA and standards, acting as Sodexo primary representative on site
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating area by promoting Sodexo strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the company mission and values
- Have a strong understanding of all service offers contained within the client contract with a sound ability to draw upon Service Operations where appropriate
- Support the account manager/director/project manager (or equivalent) in the delivery of new services or projects
- Effectively contribute to the growth of services through evaluation, review and recommendations for additional scope of work and services to the client
- Sell additional services and increase revenue growth of the contract through integration, innovation and efficiencies within the full Sodexo portfolio.
- Host existing and prospective client visits
- Manage employees using the Sodexo performance review processes, talent development and succession planning.
- Previous experience of operational management in a similar environment and a contract of a similar size and scope of services
- People management experience – especially large teams operating across different shifts and services
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Excellent communication skills
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Proven ability to work in a partnership and collaborative way with other service providers
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- IOSH qualification
- Experience of delivering training
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process