Head Chef - Kempton
4 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a talented and experienced Head Chef to join our catering team at this prestigious racecourse based in the heart of Middlesex.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the General Manager.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
HEAD CHEF – KEMPTON – Up to £35,000
Jockey Club Catering Operating at many of racing’s crown jewel events, such as the Grand National at Aintree, The Cheltenham Festival and Derby Festival, we offer a full range of customer-focused food and beverages and are proud to use local, national and international suppliers to deliver the finest hospitality on the racing circuit.
Jockey Club Catering is a venture partnership between Jockey Club Racecourses, the UK’s leading racecourse and venues group, and Compass Group UK & Ireland, to provide top quality catering, hospitality and service at 15 racecourses nationwide. This sees Jockey Club Catering operate at The Jockey Club’s flagship Cheltenham Racecourse during the four days of The Festival, which is effectively the world championships of Jump racing, attended by more than 230,000 people. Jockey Club Catering was formed in 2009 and in 2013 the partnership was extended through until at least 2025.
Alongside racing, the iconic venues within The Jockey Club’s family are open throughout the year, hosting a wide variety of events including conferences, weddings, meetings and exhibitions, all of which can be individually tailored to meet each client request as it comes.Main responsibilities
- The Head Chef will plan and organise the preparation and cooking of food for functions and events ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering both the retail operation and the conference and events operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to provide function costs to facilitate budgetary control
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’ .Great people skills and be able to develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.