Head of Retail - Olympia, London
Reporting to the General Manager, the role will own the delivery of a diverse and effective, high volume retail food and beverage operation.
A passion for detailed planning, marketing and execution for a minimum of 200 event days, with necessary resourcing and controls in place to manage the Dept. budget and service quality targets.
Any preconceptions of traditional dated catering can be left at Olympia London’s entrance, as this is a role for the innovator, trend setter and industry leader.Package description
Up to £38,000 per annum
To work 5 out of 7 days, predominantly daytime hours.Main responsibilities
- Provide first class retail operations
- To champion HSE within the department and lead by example
- Inspire and lead a team of 1 deputy retail manager, 4 supervisors and up to 30 staff on any particular day.
- Review performance and optimise sales and profitability to ensure delivery of departmental financial targets, as driven by a ‘smart’ approach to maximising the customer experience in terms of queue times, use and application of technology and the provision of enticing marketing offers.
- Demonstrate full alignment with the Levy and client vision and values by consistently doing the right things and celebrating successes.
- Liaising with culinary and marketing specialist colleagues to implement continuous product development and drive footfall.
- Liaison with 3rd party suppliers and contractors to underpin effective service delivery and product quality.
- Continually aware of the customer journey, pressure points and opportunities to observe, capture and act on client and customer feedback continually.
- Min 3 years’ experience in retail and beverage environment essential
- Experience in a multi-unit venue, arena or event catering environment essential.
- Personal circumstances must allow working flexible hours to align with venue activity.
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent communicator
- Strong organisation skills and commercial awareness – sees beyond the obvious and is resourceful in seizing opportunities and solving problems.
- Standards and quality driven hands on management style
- Effective team player, with a “can-do” attitude
- Energetic and fast operator
- Assertive, calm, works well under pressure
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.