To supervise the performance of waste and recycling team members and support your Line Manager. To ensure all tasks associated with the collection, sorting and recycling of waste and any general support services are carried out with due regard to all Health & Safety Regulations.
Supervision of team members to ensure all general duties are completed to appropriate standards to support the efficient running of the recycling compound in line with contractual requirements.Main responsibilities
- Ensure all Health & Safety measures are adhered to; appropriate PPE is to be worn at all times.
- Supervise and record the ingress/egress of all visitors to the recycling compound ensuring all Health & Safety procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Investigate and report all accidents and near misses.
- Demonstrate a can‐do attitude and strive to exceed customer expectations.
- To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues.
- Lead the waste and recycling team and ensure all daily tasks are completed to the required standard.
- Monitor hygiene standards throughout the recycling compound on a daily basis.
- Supervise the sorting of a wide variety of reusable waste material for recycling in accordance with established standards and procedures, assuring that contaminated or non-recyclable materials are separated from recyclable materials.
- Identify and distinguish recyclables (paper, glass, etc.) from non-recyclables (garbage, etc.). Includes sorting through materials on a sorting table to view and recognize type, and opening bags to inspect contents.
- Manage the reception and loading of incoming vehicles, bulkers, RoRos, skips, curtain siders and other vehicles within the recycling compound.
- Supervise the safe operation of tools, machinery and all equipment used within the recycling compound such as the cardboard baler, fork lift trucks, pallet trucks.
- Ensure that all records relating to the waste operations team are maintained in an orderly fashion in accordance with the Company procedures.
- To be the first point of contact for the Client or Building Controllers should any waste or recycling related issues arise.
- Carry out continued Health & Safety training for operators within your team.
- Update and maintain team operators training record cards.
- Conduct induction training for new employees.
- Ensure that all team members are present each day and sickness and absence are reported to your Line Manager.
- Maintain timekeeping standards within the waste and recycling team.
- Monitor staff holidays and ensure that adequate cover is provided for absent members of your teams.
Monitor staff holidays and ensure that adequate cover is provided for absent members of your teams.Ideal candidate
- Previous experience of supervising teams within a similar environment.
- Experience of working within the waste industry managing waste transfer and treatment activities.
- Be able to work as a team but also willing to act on their own initiative.
- Good communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of team members and customers within your work environment.
- Able to comply with legislation and follow all rules and regulations laid down in the staff handbook and unit policy statements, with regard to uniform, personal hygiene, health and safety.
- Criminal Records Bureau security checks required where applicable in accordance with Employment Law and Legislation.
- Full driving licence.
- Forklift licence preferable
- Team player and can‐do attitude.
- Takes pride in personal appearance and hygiene.
- Self motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- COSHH Training.
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.