Deputy Catering Manager- Cambridge
Assistant Patient Catering Manager- Cambridge
5 of 7 (40 hours per week)
We have a brand new opportunity for an experienced, hardworking and innovative Assistant Patient Catering Manager to join our busy hospital in Cambridge.
The Assistant Patient Catering Manager will be dynamic, hardworking and an excellent people manager. You will be professional and responsible in your approach– assuming a hands on role supporting the Patient Catering Manager and the team to achieve exceptional levels of service.
Reporting directly to the Patient Catering Manager, you will manage a diverse range of catering challenges and with focus and drive, there is a real opportunity for you to make a difference.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
What is on offer?
- A highly competitive salary +bonus - for the right candidate
- Perks at work benefits- Retail discounts and up to 55% of cinema tickets
- Parking is available on site at discounted rates
- Excellent Bus links- ( bus’s run every 10 minutes)
- A supportive management structure, a highly skilled team and a rewarding career path.
- To assist the Patient Catering Manager in the day to day running of the Patient catering and receipt and dispatch team.
- To deputise in the absence of the Patient Catering Manager when required
- Be responsible for delivering contractual terms and agreements
- To assist in managing all departmental budgets including labour, food & wastage.
- Liaise with and form close working relationships with on-site clients and management ensuring great communication at all times
- Undertake regular audits of kitchen and departmental areas on wards and back of house and implementing any action plans needed
- Work close with dieticians in producing food outside of our Steamplicity menus and ensure agreements across all parties
- Monitor and provide frontline training in line with company targets
- To undertake project work as required
- Maintain stock levels across the department
- Manage team rota’s and performance reviews
- Comply with Trust’s infection control policies to help prevent the spread of infections across the hospital
- Monitor departmental service failures against set KPI’s
- Promote the service across the hospital at all times and assist with the development of the department
- Level 4 Food & Safety ( Level 3 will be considered but you will need to complete Level 4)
- Catering Management experience – ideally within a healthcare setting
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good organisation skills
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Good IT skills
- Financial awareness
If you are a confident Assistant Manager/Supervisor who enjoys variety and is passionate about providing service excellence within catering we want to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make their mark in a Blue Chip company with progression and future opportunities.
Applications outside of healthcare will be considered. Apply Today!!
Please contact Hannah Bassett Hannah.email@example.com for more information.About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.