Senior Chef De Partie
Do you have experience working in a busy environment, tired of working shifts, late nights and weekends then this role could be for you?
We have an exciting opportunity for a very experienced chef de partie to join our team at Eltham College, London The chef de partie will assist a kitchen brigade of 3 chefs and 10 CA'S, cooking fresh food to very high standards as well as catering for the hospitality side of the business. Want to hear more about the vacancy then apply today.Package description
Between £22000k - £25000k depending on experience
5 out of 7 days per week, mainly Mon - Fri out of Rugby season
Must be flexible 40 hours per week
Meals on duty
Opportunity to join the Compass pension and share scheme
Up to 10% discount in various high street stores
Working for Compass Group UK&Ireland, the largest contract catering company in the world
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative menus delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great food comes from great ingredients. Our Chefs use seasonal produce, adding their own individual creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.Main responsibilities
- Catering for breakfast, midmoring break and lunch
- Working with a brigade of well qualified and motivated chefs
- Will be assisting the Head Chef and the rest of the brigade by cooking high quality food all from fresh, to a high volume of customers, who expect excellent service and quality food.
- Will be catering for high numbers
- Cater for functions on the weekend, sit down meals, BBQ'S and sport events
- Adhere to H&S and F&H standards
- Will also be involved in catering for hospitality
- Assist in stock taking, ordering of stock etc.
- Experience in cooking from fresh and working in a busy environment
- Preferably come from a BI, hotel or education background
- Someone who wants to progress and work for the largest contract catering company in the world
- A passion and flair with food.
- Work well under pressure
- Computer literate
- Very creative and strong craft skills