We are looking for a skilled, smart, self-motivated chef to head up and lead our kitchen team at our busy B&I site in Plympton, near Plymouth.
Plympton, Plymouth, Devon
Summary of Role
Our Head Chef will be responsible for ensuring sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by effectively managing the kitchen and the delivery of culinary excellence in all service periods and areas we look after. Responsible for providing day to day culinary advice, innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, as Head Chef for Elior you will be expected to:
- Proactive management of kitchen team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, the customer and client.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior eXperience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Responsible for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environment policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As Head Chef we look for the following:
- Someone with previous Chef experience – preferably in the role of Head Chef.
- Experience in a kitchen of a similar size.
- Experience in managing people and teams.
- Experience of working to specification for dish production
- Computer/IT skills
- Relevant qualifications including food hygiene, cookery certifications/qualifications.
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole experience matters at Elior we look for someone who shares the same values:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
Salary & Benefits
Circa £23000 gross salary
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers. Site specific benefits also apply in this instance.
40 hours per week, as required to ensure smooth operation of the business
Carl Perkins, General Manager (Elior UK catering dept)
Apply for Head Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly