There is an opportunity at one of Europe’s most prestigious Stadia sites, BT Murrayfield, for a catering assistant to assist in the day to day servicing and set up and delivery of match-day and non-match day events. This would involve working in conference rooms, bars and food kiosks.
BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh
Summary of Role
Our Operations Assistant is responsible for greeting and serving customers in a professional, warm, friendly and genuine manner. Also responsible for preparing and serving a range of beverages and foods in line with client requirements and Elior UK standards.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Operations Assistant for Elior you will be expected to:
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Maintain client and Elior UK confidentiality and security at all times
- Deliver superior customer service.
- Ensure client relationships are maintained at all times
- Ensure that the department creates a professional impression to customers and other team members
- Attend briefing sessions and attend site meetings when required
- Follow Health and Safety, as well as Hygiene and Food Safety guidelines as described in your employee handbook
- Provide professional and friendly service throughout the department
- Support and attend all planned training activities as appropriate
- Ensure that all back of house and front of house areas are kept tidy and organised.
- Taking orders and serving food and beverages to customers
- Ability to multitask and prioritize during busy periods.
- You must be able to work on your own as well as a part of the team
- Effective communication with guests and within the team whenever required
- Comply and complete any company paperwork as and when required
- Abide by and enforce all licensing laws at all times
- Attend mandatory and training when required
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As Operations Assistant, We look for:
- A passion for service: warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills
- Strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintenance of a professional image at all times
- High standards of presentation.
- A performance driven approach: ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Taking the initiative: confident and able to motivate, influence and persuade others
- Respecting commitments: adaptable, whilst able to confirm strictly to Elior UK procedures
- Being a team player
- An outstanding eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole experience matters at Elior we look for someone who shares the same values:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
Full training will be provided, so no experience is beneficial but not required.
Due to Licensing Laws applicants must be over the age of 18.
Salary & Benefits
National minimum wage
Casual. Zero Hour Contract.
Conference and Events Manager
6th of October 2017