Cleaning Manager (MOD site)
As Cleaning Manager, you'll plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the cleaning operational business area, ensuring standards of service detailed in the contract are achieved, maintained and developed.
You'll also ensure your team are engaged, motivated and getting the most from their roles.
We're delighted to have been awarded the HESITA South contract which is a new contract to Sodexo. Project HESTIA aims to harmonise the provision of soft FM across the UK defence estate. The project will promote the well being of people within UK defence through the delivery of quality soft FM services that meet individual and defence needs, are adaptable to local circumstances and agile enough to meet the changing needs of the defence community.
Competitive salary of £20,020 plus benefits including bonus, pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promo ting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the cleaning operational business area
- Ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPIs and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained and developed for assigned operational business area
- Contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control within operational business area in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- Embrace the principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexo’s vision and values
- Manage all aspects of performance of an assigned group of direct reports
*please see attached job description for further detailsIdeal candidate
- Proven experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Proven experience of managing and leading a team
- Previous cleaning experience
- Previous experience of working in standards driven/compliance environment
- Strong knowledge of health and safety and COSHH regulations
- Ability to prioritise and deploy resources effectively
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to solve problems and implement appropriate solutions
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Able to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Awareness of quality management systems e.g. ISO
- British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICS) qualified
- Knowledge of external cleaning developments and innovations
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing safely
- Previous experience of management and liaison with sub-contracted service providers
- Previous budget responsibility
- Experience of working within military environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.