Commis Chef - Members’ Dining Room at The All England Lawn Tennis Club
We are looking for an enthusiastic Commis Chef to join our highly motivated and focused Kitchen Brigade, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest Ingredients at this prestigious contract in Central London. To assist the Chefs in the day to day preparation for hospitality to include private dining rooms, buffets, canapes and occasional evening duties.Package description
Hours 45 a week
Flexible 5 out of 7
Excellent benefitsMain responsibilities
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Commi Chef to join our highly motivated and focused kitchen brigade, to produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients.
- To prepare and cook sufficient food to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage
- To ensure the effective control of a specific station within the kitchen.
- To carry out the directions of more senior members of the kitchen brigade, ensuring that you coordinate the efforts of more junior members
- To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures
- To ensure food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation and quality
- To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy
- To ensure all food sent out is correctly garnished
- To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods avoid wastage and keep down costs
- To assist in completion of relevant paperwork reproduction and wastage sheets, cleaning records etc
- To ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service
- Past experience as a Commis/ Demi Chef, ideally with 1 year experience in fine dining
- Catering/ Chef qualifications
- Knowledge of basic cooking (stocks and sauces)
- Good people skills
- Passion about food and customer service
- Hunger for development
- High standards and be quality driven
- A 'Can do' attitude
- Attention to detail
We are Levy Restaurants UK – the name behind legendary experiences and powerful partnerships with UK’s most iconic and unique venues: from stadia, conference centres, museums and galleries to heritage sites and performing arenas. With good, honest food at heart and service in our soul, we live and breathe hospitality.
Whether you are a museum or a racecourse, a concert venue or a zoo, we can transform the food and drink experience you provide for your guests into something truly special. Inspiration, talent and a bit of science is what makes us unique.
We are recognised for bringing food flare to the UK’s visitor attractions and leading arena and sport landmarks: from The O2 and The Kia Oval to more intimate settings including Somerset House and Leeds Castle and developing destination restaurants and bars.