CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Ampersand, an experienced player specialising in bespoke catering at some of the UK's most iconic venues and visitors attractions.
Salary: 34-38k per annum, depending on experience
Working Pattern: 5 days over 7
Contract Type: Permanent
Contact Name: Charlie Hayward
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Head Chef to join our passionate and focused team, who embody CH&Co’s passion for food providence, quality and fresh ingredients. Responsible for the kitchen operation at one of our flagship day visitor sites in Central London which welcomes in excess of 1 million visitors each year this a fast past environment with a large brigade of chefs, porters and logistics teams to oversee we require someone with experience of running a similar high volume operation. Open 364 days a year there is an expectation of weekend working with a 5 over 7 contract.
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
- To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour
- To ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and are from nominated suppliers
- To continually strive to offer new food trends and ideas to the client with the overall purpose of developing exciting menus and ensuring that the unit is continually offering new products
- Someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
- We are looking for someone who is willing to always push culinary boundaries.
- Experience of leading a large team.
- A leader who will train, nurture and develop future talent with in the business.
- Has significant exposure to a variety of different commercial kitchens.
- Significant experience of working in a commercial kitchen.
- Up to date knowledge of local food trends and culinary techniques.
- Able to demonstrate the highest level of food quality.
If you feel you have the above qualities and more, and you want to work within a forward thinking company whose passion for food, people development & excellent customer / client service is second to none - then we want to hear from you.