Chef de Partie
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate chef de partie to join our brigade of experienced chefs at Cathederal School, Cardiff. The chef de partie will be assisting the brigade catering mid morning break and lunch, all from fresh produce, catering for large numbers therefore must have experience working in a very busy environment. It would be to your advantage if you have experience working in a high profile site or a hotel environment. Sounds like you then apply today for more information.Package description
Salary – £9.00 to £9.40 per hour plus overtime
40 Hours, Mon - Fri, up to 12 - 14 weeks holiday per year
Meals on duty
Free car parking and easy access by public transport
Up to 10 % in various high street stores
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Excellent opportunities to progress and develop your career within the largest contract catering company in the world
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative menus delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great food comes from great ingredients. Our Chefs use seasonal produce, adding their own individual creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.Main responsibilities
- Catering for breakfast and lunch all from fresh produce
- Working with a brigade of well qualified and motivated chefs
- Will be assisting the Head Chef and the rest of the brigade by cooking high quality food all from fresh, to a high volume of customers, who expect excellent service and quality food.
- Adhere to H&S and F&H standards
- Will also be involved in catering for hospitality
- Assist in stock taking, ordering of stock etc.
- Excellent culinary skill
- High standards and be quality driven
- Experience working in a very busy environment
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
- Immaculate personal presentation, outgoing, passionate, excellent customer service and communication skills are required for this highly visible position
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering pupil and staff feeding along with an extensive range of hospitality and events
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH