Catering Manager- BMI North London
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for an experienced, hardworking and innovative Catering Manager to join our busy prestigious BMI hospital in North London.
The Catering Manager will be dynamic, creative and an excellent people manager. You will be professional and responsible in your approach to managing the department’s service – assuming a hands on approach to support and direct your team to achieve exceptional levels of service. You will also have a good level of financial acumen.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager (BMI Healthcare), you will manage a diverse range of catering areas with focus and drive. There is a real opportunity for you to make a difference and make your mark in the exciting time of growth.
You will have responsibility for delivering an efficient, effective and profitable catering service, within contract scope and Company policies, procedures and guidelines. You will be overseeing a large team of around 35 people.
You will engage with the client regularly keeping them up to date of successes and challenges and have a can do attitude to resolving any issues.
What is on offer? ?
- Salary c. £28-32K + performance bonus and Benefits
- Perks at work benefits- Retail discounts and up to 55% of cinema tickets
- Free Parking is available on site.
- Excellent Bus links- ( bus’s run every 10 minutes)
- A supportive management structure, a highly skilled team and a rewarding career path.
This role would suit either an experienced Catering Manager looking for a long term career opportunity or a Senior Chef looking for a step up into management.Package description
Experienced Catering Manager- North London
Monday- Friday (occasional weekends)
Salary c. £28-32K DOE
Free parkingMain responsibilities
- Managing an efficient team
- Some food preparation
- Ensuring high standards are met and exceeded daily
- Constant innovation and creativity, keeping up to date with external food trends
- Responsible for all the financial aspects of the business
- Training and motivating staff
- Building an excellent relationship with the client
- Attention to detail and a proactive management style
- You will have experience within a similar role ideally within healthcare but not essential.
- Chef experience
- Management experience is advantageous
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good organisation skills
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Good IT skills
- Financial awareness
If you are a confident and creative individual who enjoys variety and is passionate about providing service excellence within catering then we want to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make their mark in a Blue Chip company with progression and future opportunities.
About the company
Medirest’s national coverage includes service provision in over 50 acute hospitals, as well as a large number of smaller treatment centres, surgeries and other facilities. We have a hard-won reputation for being the first to market in developing and introducing innovative solutions to cleaning, catering and other areas of the healthcare industry. This means that we are consistently at the leading edge of best-value service provision.