Assistant Hospitality Manager
We have a great opportunity for an experienced assistant hospitality manager to support the hospitality manager at Brunel University, Uxbridge. We provide catering for the students as well as for various functions and events. This could include sit down meals, buffets, finger buffets or reception drinks etc. The ideal candidate will be overseeing a large number of functions as well as well as overseeing the small restaurant on site.
You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff. You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.
If you have experience working within high profile establishments e.g. hotels or events then contact me to day for a chat.Package description
40 Hours per Week, working 5 days out of 7, mainly Mon - Fri
No split shift, mainly between the hours of 6am - 5pm , but will need to work evenings when required
Between £22k - £28k depending on experience
Low cost car parking
Easy access by public transport
Meals on duty
Will need 5 years checkable references
Plenty of opportunity to progress within the companyMain responsibilities
- Manage the team of up to 10 staff to deliver an excellent catering service with great customer service skill and quality food
- To deputise the hospitality manager in his absence
- Will be overseeing the 40 seater restaurant onsite
- Fully responsible for all H&S and F&H regulations
- Regular meetings with the client
- Working closely with the conference team with catering and room booking
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Assist in the smooth running of all events and functions
What we are looking for in terms of applications are:
- Experience in managing corporate hospitality and fine dining functions ideally within a hotel or sport and leisure venues.
- Good level of conferencing background, with booking enquiries and building client relationships
- Experience working within a high volume establishment
- Passion for high quality food and innovative concepts
- Eye for detail, work well under pressure and very organised
- Track record of staff development including training and motivating staff
For more information on working for the Compass Group, and in particular this positon please contact Nathan Rackham-Wood either by email – Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07917 587109