Subway Store Manager (Fast Food)
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Subway Store Manager to perform and direct the overall store management of our Subway store at our prestigious Hospital site in Central Manchester.
This is a great opportunity to join our Healthcare segment, where you can contribute to providing our patients, staff and visitors with the high quality food service they require. All done in a timely, responsive, cost-effective and pro-active manner, ensuring targets and legal requirements are maintained.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, generally Monday to Friday, but occasional evening and weekend work required to meet the needs of the business. Flexibility is a must.Main responsibilities
- Lead the team on shift to deliver the best Subway experience to every guest
- Manage the stock and order systems for food and consumables ensuring that the store has 100% supply of items
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Ensure that the Company's accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down
- Ensure that all brand standards are delivered throughout the shift to ensure complete customer satisfaction – completing all relevant checks, standards, food & health and safety checks and taking necessary remedial action or escalating as required
- Support local and national marketing initiatives
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary
- Ensure all new staff are given a thorough induction into their job, the unit and the Company. Monitor the performance of staff, carry out performance reviews and provide training and coaching as necessary, and record on the appropriate documents.
- Previous experience in Catering or Retail
- Supervision experience – strong leadership skills
- Enthusiasm to execute outstanding customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Ability to monitor performance levels at all times
- Financial awareness in managing budgets
- Computer literate
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative requirements.
- Food Hygiene Training
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- FSC3, 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Subway, Catering, Retail, Fast Food, Manager, Unit, Hospitals, Healthcare