There is an opportunity at one of Europe’s most prestigious stadia sites, BT Murrayfield, for a Duty Supervisor to assist in the delivery of both match-day and non-match day business.
BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh
Summary of Role
As a Duty Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day workflow. The ideal candidate will be a competent individual who will be able to guide & train employees. He/she will be well-versed in processes under the role’s responsibility and will be results driven and focused. The overall purpose is to supervise the performance of the team members and support your line manager. To ensure all tasks associated with food production, front and back of house and any general support services are carried out with due regard to all Health & safety and Food Safety Regulations. As Supervisor you will be responsible for motivating your team to achieve Elior UK objectives. Also for ensuring maximised efficiency of all resources available to ensure excellent service delivery in line with clients and Elior UK requirements within your area of responsibility.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Supervisor for Elior you will be expected:
- Proactive management of team for area of responsibility.
- Responsible for supporting the training and development of the team.
- Responsible for supporting the “Elior eXperience” communication and for embedding the standards within the team supporting the service champion as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring on going team communications, including building internal relationships, management reporting and client liaison to support the delivery of operational excellence.
- Ensure the team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients.
- Responsible for ensuring that all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures.
- To support the compliance of COSHH, Health & Safety, Hygiene and Food Safety regulations throughout the team and to report any incidents in line with procedures.
- Assisting management, and deputising in their absence
- Supervising maintenance, supplies and equipment, including an inventory of light equipment, including CCG
- Liaising with the Conference and Banqueting Manager and Head of Hospitality to plan and organise the setup of all events and functions
- Attending weekly team meetings
- Ensuring your area of responsibility is set up ready for service at the agreed time
- Ensuring staff are correctly uniformed to company standards
- Ensuring all services are provided at the appropriate time as detailed in daily schedule and function sheets
- Carrying out health and safety briefs with staff members and ensure documentation is signed
- Carrying out daily briefs and allocating tasks to staff on duty
- Ensuring staff carry out tasks to required standard
- Following opening and closing procedures as detailed on daily checklists
- Ensuring laundry is controlled in line with department policies
- Making management aware of any compliments/complaints and record in duty manager’s log
- Reporting any maintenance defects on maintenance reports, and communicated appropriately
- Observing all company policies on security and Health and Safety
- Monitoring standards of cleanliness of hospitality areas throughout the stadium on a regular basis, reporting unsatisfactory matters as appropriate
- Adhere to company cash handling procedures
- Being aware of all aspects of daily business in the stadium ensuring the ability to allocate rooms and resourced for the last minute requests
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As Supervisor we look for the following:
- A passion for service: warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills
- Strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintenance of a professional image at all times
- High standards of food and beverage presentation and portion control/quality
- A performance driven approach: ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Taking the initiative: confident and able to motivate, influence and persuade others
- Respecting commitments: adaptable, whilst able to confirm strictly to Elior UK procedures
- Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to its conclusion
- Inspirational leadership, whilst being a team player
- An outstanding eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong background in event delivery
- Confident in the use of technology, including Word and Excel,
- A high standard of English literacy (spoken & written)
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole experience matters at Elior we look for someone who shares the same values:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
Salary & Benefits
£17,680 per annum gross salary
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
37.5 hours full time
Jade Colville, Head of Hospitality / Mathew Coulson, Conference & Banqueting Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
0131 346 5250
27th September 2017