Job Reference: 10470
Salary: £18,995-£19,762 plus 17% unsocial working hours allowance which equates
The job holder will be a Caterer by trade and will deliver catering services to prisoners within the establishment operating associated equipment in a safe and secure manner.
This is a job with no line management responsibilities.
Responsibilities, Activities and Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
• Work with prisoners in the kitchens, supporting them to work in a safe and efficient manner, making sure that security is maintained
• Prepare and cook food, ensuring effective use of ingredients to reduce waste, providing catering for specialist diets on the grounds of religious beliefs and medical issues
• Prepare food order and other catering goods as required, for authorisation by managers; check in any deliveries for the kitchen and ensure stock rotation
• Co-ordinate resources, including food, ingredients and staff/prisoner workforce to deliver the day to day catering requirements of the establishment
• Serve food in the kitchen or hotplate areas; visit residential areas to check hygiene standards and food servering activity as required.
• Undertake food trolley delivery and collection, which may involve the use of a delivery vehicle
• Contribute to the review of catering practice in the kitchens consistency across the unit in the application of policies and procedures that affect prisoners and staff
• Ensure prisoners comply with relevant Health and Safety policies when carrying out duties within the kitchen
Essential Skills/ Qualifications/ Accreditation/ Registration
Jobholder must hold the following essential qualifications; level 2 certificate in Food Production within Hospitality and Catering or equivalent. Additionally they must hold a Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2, they are required be familiar with all current health, safety and hygiene related regulations for working in a kitchen. Must be able to demonstrate competency within an industrial kitchen environment. Refresher training in Food Safety (HACCP) should be completed at 3 year intervals.
An ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English or (where specified in Wales) Welsh
To find out more or apply for this vacancy please visit:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/recruitment follow the link ‘Apply for a Job’ and search reference 10470.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 29th September 2017 at 23:55pm