Commis Chef - Members’ Dining Room at The All England Lawn Tennis Club
Compass Group is proud to be the official caterer at The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), one of the world’s most prestigious sporting venues which annually plays host to The Championships, Wimbledon. The AELTC is a private members’ club, catering year-round for its members, tourists visiting from across the globe, and everyone working behind the scenes to deliver this world-famous event.
Wimbledon is not just about the tennis; it is also a celebration of great food and drink. Here at Wimbledon, we are passionate about showcasing the very best of our British products, reflecting the heritage and history of the AELTC. Put simply, we strive to serve the best food and drink and employ the best staff to deliver a unique experience for our customers.
Want to be a part of Wimbledon? Interested in joining the team that makes it happen? Apply now for this exciting opportunity.Package description
Hours 40 a week
Flexible 5 out of 7
Excellent benefitsMain responsibilities
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Commis Chefs or recently qualified Chefs looking to apply their knowledge and develop a career as a Commis Chef in an engaging, fast paced environment.
You will be required to provide a first class, five star experience to the Members, and their guests, of the All England Lawn Tennis Club at Wimbledon.
This is one of the world’s iconic sporting locations serving as a private Members Club during 50 weeks of the year and then, for two weeks, hosting The Championships – the world’s premier grass court tennis tournament. Reporting to the Head Chef you will be part of a team of chefs responsible for delivering consistent service for this exclusive area.
The dining offer within the Clubhouse comprises of a formal dining room serving lunch seven days a week with supper served Monday to Thursday evenings; an all day, less formal offer, is available in the Club Room.
- Preparing and cooking food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times.
- Produce dishes as directed by the culinary team.
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for fine dining.
- Adhere to menu specifications and minimise food wastage.
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, H&S and COSHH.
- Assist as directed with ordering and stock-taking.
- Previously held a Commis Chef Position (desirable but not essential)
- To have experience of previously working as part of a diverse team within a similar environment.
- Passionate about food
- To be available to work as required in this seven day a week operation
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.