Deputy Catering Manager (Catering, Front of House, Hospitality)
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your catering career in a prestigious environment. As Deputy Catering Manager, you will manage the delivery of catering services for an Independent School. We require a ‘hands on’ team player to give focus to daily food service delivery and the set-up of functions and events.
This is a high profile Independent school contract and will therefore provide the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills and develop within a growing business.
Watch the video and meet the team at LVS Ascot:
Access to corporate benefits - Working Monday to Friday, 7am - 3.30pmMain responsibilities
- Efficient management of a busy boarding school catering operation, providing daily food services for up to 1,400 students across 4 outlets.
- Support the delivery of a hospitality operation, which includes dinners, functions and events.
- Effectively lead a catering team to deliver an outstanding service to client, customers and students.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Liaise with the kitchen team to ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Previous experience in a catering management role, with exposure to events and hospitality
- Experienced within the catering industry, ideally from a Schools, Hotels or equivalent background
- Experience of leading a team within a catering environment
- Good financial awareness
- Good administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Deputy Catering Manager, Assistant Catering Manager, Catering Supervisor, Hospitality Manager, Events Manager, Catering Manager, Chef Manager, Operations Manager, General Manager, Deputy General Manager, Duty Manager, Ascot, Berkshire