We are currently looking to recruit a Catering/Business Chef Manager to lead the catering operation for a prestigious private healthcare facility. In this role, you will ensure the highest standard of customer service in an environment similar to that of a 5* boutique hotel.
You will oversee 12 permanent employees at site with a bank of casual catering personnel in addition, efficiently managing the patient and employee dining operation for a 40 bed private hospital, including bed side services.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must.Main responsibilities
- Ensure the quality of the catering services is maintained at the required level, producing food to company standards
- Efficient financial management of the client business within agreed budgets and targets
- Maximise sales within the Hospital through Pay as you Dine (PAYD)
- Ensure compliance with company purchasing policy
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are monitored, measured and managed
- Manage clients proactively, ensuring their expectations are exceeded, and effectively communicate all client needs and business opportunities within the kitchen team
- Be responsible for ordering of all goods and stock control
- Responsible for recruitment, training and management of staff, including personal development, reward and recognition, appraisals, health & safety, and communication of shared goals.
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team in a similar environment
- Strong craft skills background, with proven catering experience
- City & Guilds 1 & 2 Catering or NVQ equivalent
- Experience of budget management and good financial awareness
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, be persuasive and decisive
- Strong IT skills
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Chef Manager, Catering, Healthcare