Chef Manager - Sports Pavillion
A unique and fantastic development opportunity. As Sports Pavillion Manager (Chef Manager) you will lead the operation for a sports facility, which is part of Caterham School. The new Sports Pavillion is located 1.5 miles away from the school and aims to be the best for providing outstanding facilities including catering. It will have a refreshment kiosk, bar area and full commercial kitchen.
This is an exciting venture for someone to be involved with a very busy site and great team. Flexibility is key due to the nature of the site and changing requirements from our clients and customers. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated, retail focussed individual who wants to take that next step in shaping and driving a new business.
Find out more about the new sports pavilion here:
- Lead the delivery and production of quality food and beverages and service for sports facility, with a flexible approach to delivering varying customer needs and sporting events.
- To be responsible for the service at the Pavilion, leading a team to ensure we deliver against Key Performance Indicators.
- Act as the primary representative of Sodexo within the contract by the effective management of all staff to ensure the delivery of both qualitative and quantitative results.
- Foster long term profitable relationships with the School, Old Caterhamians and external guests to maintain existing business and identify new business opportunities by delivering operational excellence.
- Manage all aspects of service, planning and execution for external events in liaison with the appropriate representative from the school.
- To forge close relationships with all the heads of sport and meet their needs within the terms of the SLA.
- Be responsible for all aspects of day to day control and completion of all Health & Safety and Food Safety paperwork and report any issues with this to the line manager in a timely manner.
- Flexible approach to working to meet the needs of the operation
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Experience of managing a team to deliver service excellence
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Personal interest in sports
- Self-motivation and innovation
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
chef manager, food and beverage manager, catering manager, kitchen manager