Our prestigious site in London is currently recruiting an Executive Chef to oversee the delivery and to develop the food offer in all areas of the business through commercial initiatives, innovation and team development.
Alongside the team you will deliver new menus which demonstrate flair and innovation in the food service offer, whilst ensuring the prompt and efficient preparation and delivery in all food areas to the company’s standard and to the client’s satisfaction.
We are looking for someone who can continually propose initiatives that deliver best value to the customer, can promote healthy eating, wellbeing and employee satisfaction and improve patronage and grow sales.Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must. Usual hours Monday – Friday.Main responsibilities
- Organise and assist in the preparation and presentation of all meals service (participating as necessary) at the required time
- Devise and implement a strategy of food offer innovation & growth which is in tune with requirements for new trends whilst keeping the main meal service alive, to drive out additional revenue in all areas of the food offer provision
- Carry out customer survey’s and profiling to ensure that our food offer remains applicable to the customer base, and where not, offer ideas for menu enhancement, development and change where necessary
- Ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly concerning customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy, improved choice for ethnic minority customers or wheat allergies
- Organise any special functions as required, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours
- Engage, motivate and reward our employees to ensure they are satisfied with their working relationships at all levels
*Please see full job description attached belowIdeal candidate
- Proven catering experience
- Experience of developing an innovative food offer to meet client and customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- CIEH Level 3 Food Safety qualification
- IOSH Managing Safety qualification
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Exec Chef, Chefs, Catering, Hospitality, Corporate, Functions, Food