We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Catering Manager to oversee the catering services at the required times to the company’s standards, within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets at our prestigious site in Glasgow.
You’ll assist with completion of all administration relating to the service, ensuring compliance standards and Health and Safety regulations are met.Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must. Weekend and backshift service included within contractual service.Main responsibilities
- Ensure the prompt provision and efficient service of all meals and catering requirements at the specified time to the standards laid down in the KPI's
- Ensure that the Company’s accountancy documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the Sodexo Way Compliance Standards and that the necessary weekly & monthly returns are completed accurately and transmitted at the appointed time or dispatched manually
- Maintain levels of stock, cash, and debt outstanding to the agreed establishment targets
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures
- Maintain excellent client relationships and communicate with the day to day client at every opportunity
- Initiate a process of continuous improvement by undertaking company promotions and extraordinary merchandising initiatives to ensure the profitable growth of the contract
*Please see the full job description attached belowIdeal candidate
- Previous catering and support services experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.