Tired of working weekends and nights, want more time with your family, then this could be for you!
We have great opportunity for a Chef Manager to join our team at John Whitgift Academy, Grimbsy
We are seeking a chef manager who has a passion for food and has excellent culinary skills. The chef manager will be catering for up to 150 hot meals a day, all from fresh produce. The ideal candidate must enjoy working with children. You will be assisted by a motivated and experienced team of up to 5 staff.
It would be to your advantage if you have experience working within an education or BI unit. If this sounds like you we would love to hear from youPackage description
You will be working for the largest contract catering company in the world, where there is always opportunity for progression.
Mon - Fri, 7am - 3pm, 37.5 hours per week
Up to £18k per annum
Between 10 - 12 weeks holiday, weekends off, no late nights
Meals on duty
Free car parking
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.Main responsibilities
- Managing a team of up to 5 staff
- Catering for midmorning break and lunch.
- The chef manager will also be cooking for another primary school.
- Managing the front and back of house
- Responsible for the P&L accounts
- Training and motivating staff
- Build an excellent relationship with the client
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
- Will be involved in increasing sales and coming up with new ideas to promote the hot meals.
- Have a can do attitude
- Good team player
- Able to motivate staff and be a strong leader
- The ability to increase sales and promoting our products
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Love to work with children
- Strong financial awareness of the business
- Be passionate about food and always working to very high standards