Group Catering Manager
This is a really exciting opportunity to develop your catering career. We require a Business Support Manager with proven experience and passion for the services sector to provide regional support across 12 independent school contracts in the Surrey/West Sussex areas. In this role, you will assist the Account Manager to efficiently manage the various operations, including providing relief support when required.
This role will provide an excellent step into a regional or account manager role and will require travel across Surrey/Kent/West Sussex, so flexible applicants with access to the M25 will be well placed for this position.
Working full time hours, 39 weeks per year - Mon to FriMain responsibilities
- Assist the Account Manager in the delivery of client services (predominantly catering and hospitality) across various independent schools, covering General/Catering Manager positions when required and working closely with teams in regards to food/service development and internal auditing.
- Support sites with training, HR, health & safety and administration as required
- Provide a high consistence level within student services against the agreed service level agreement / KPI’s and specification, for both qualities and financial target.
- Develop and embrace the “one team” culture across all service provision on-site and the directly provided by Sodexo on-site (catering, hospitality, cleaning)
- Fostering long term profitable relationships and negotiating client contracts to increase new business opportunities by delivering operational excellence
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating area by promoting Sodexo strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the Company mission and values
- Motivate and lead teams to achieve their objectives and the Sodexo strategy
- Proven experience in managing catering and hospitality services and committed to regional travel across multiple sites
- Experience in a similar role, unit management or multi service role
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering development & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management.
- Experience in adhering to and driving company initiatives.
- Good communication and engagement skills.
- Experience working in a standard /compliance environment
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
catering manager, catering area manager, general manager, catering support manager, London, kent, south London, area supervisor, operations manager, group manager,