Assistant Business Manager (Catering/Hospitality)
7 days left
- Full Time
As Assistant Business Manager, you'll be responsible for supporting the Business Manager in providing effective delivery of catering services to the client organisation
An excellent opportunity for the right candidate to progress and develop your career with Sodexo, we will invest in you for further study including Level 4 SVQ in Hospitality Management skills, and a modern apprenticeship available dependant on eligibility.
We operate in both central and local government.
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
In a variety of other public services, including the emergency services, our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce costs to the taxpayer.
Competitive salary of £20,000 to 24,200 DOE + benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.Main responsibilities
- Provide effective delivery of catering services to the client organisation
- Responsible for supporting the Business Manager to ensure the smooth running of the catering services to the benefit of customers and client ensure strict service level agreements are met.
- Support the Business Manager with all cash and stock procedures to ensure that they are managed and adhered to in line with Company Policies and procedures
- Cover for the Business Manager in their absence
*Please see job description attached below for further detailIdeal candidate
- Previous experience of working in a catering operational role
- Proven experience in dealing with a wide-range of individuals/teams at different levels
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Well organised with a strong ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with including an excellent telephone service
- Excellent team player but also able to work at own initiative
- Experience of working within kitchen environment
- Previous experience in a chef role
- Previous experience of effectively supervising a team
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- Knowledge/qualification in Health & Safety and Food Safety
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.