Deputy Head Chef
Deputy Head Chef, Permanent, Full Time
Amadeus Catering, at the NEC Birmingham
Salary: £30k circa plus a range of benefits
25 days’ holiday (+ bank holidays)
Group Personal Pension
Private Medical Care
Free Car parking
Amadeus, multi award winning caterers are a division of The NEC Group with over 40 years of experience dealing with venue and event operations. We are looking to recruit a Deputy Head chef who enjoys being part of a team delivering retail catering, fine dining and hospitality to thousands of visitors from all around the world. The role will be based at the National Exhibition Centre, the UK’s No 1 choice for exhibitions and live events, where we host over 500 events each year in our 20 interconnecting exhibition halls and 34 conference suites.
Reporting to the Senior Head Chef you will be responsible for the planning and preparation of your designated area and your key duties and responsibilities will include the following.
- Delivering a wide range of food offers including retail, hospitality and fine dining to set specifications
- Work with the senior culinary team delivering large bespoke events
- Achieving food quality and mystery shopper targets
- Ensure all health and safety and food hygiene compliance are being adhered to
- Achieving set food safety targets
- Follow operational business procedures and policies
- Meet financial targets including food cost, food waste, labour and profitability
- Completing stock take in your designated area and manage food and beverage
- Monitor performance and conduct performance reviews
- Promote the company values
- Work closely with the FOH management and culinary team
Proven experience in a similar operation is essential. Ideally as an individual you will have had experience working for a large contract caterer, a large hotel group or event caterer delivering a wide range of food offers. Qualifications and experience should ideally include the following.
- Hold NVQ level 1, 2 and 3 or City and Guilds 706/1 and 706/2
- Qualified to level III intermediate food safety
- Hold a recognised health and safety qualification (IOSH)
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience as sous chef in a similar operation
- Be computer literate and be willing to undertake training to learn the groups IT systems
- Have a can do attitude and be adaptable to change
- Be customer focused and able to deliver excellent service
- Have strong communication skills
- Be dependable, reliable, motivated and a team player
This position is ideal for a forward thinking chef who wishes to develop their career in a unique world class venue, delivering a wide range of food offers to over 4 million visitors each year.
Apply online http://www.necgroup.co.uk/working-for-us/