2 days left
- Full Time
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Catering Manager with a 'can-do' attitude.Main responsibilities
- To plan, organise and control and Establishment's operations to ensure that the food quality, presentation and service are provided to the appropriate standards as defined by the /General Manager and the Client. To consistently seek and implement ways of improving the quality and cost effectiveness of the service by keeping abreast of development in food service and production and customer needs and tastes.
- To assist the General Manager in preparing the Annual Budget. To achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with this budget (or any Variation authorised by
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client contact and with the Customers through regular personal contact, including representing the Company at any Catering or other meeting required by the Client. To report regularly to the Area Manager/General Manager matters discussed with the Client and Customers.
- To plan menus and order al foodstuffs and light equipment in accordance with the Company's purchasing policy and procedures and to check and record the amounts, prices and condition of all supplies and deliveries. To avoid unnecessary wastage and deterioration of foodstuffs.
- Good Standard of secondary education with either craft or management qualifications.
- Previous management experience, either in junior management position or Head Chef.
- Above average numeracy and written and spoken English.
- Computer literate.
- Demonstrates a commercial approach, devising initiatives to improve the service to the customer.
4) Good oral and written communication skills.About the company
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.