Lounge Chef Qatar
4 days left
- Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef to join our team. This
is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
4 on 2 off early & late shiftsMain responsibilities
- To plan, supervise, deliver and present the food and beverages as per the Qatar Lounge specification. Supervise, guide and coach the assigned staff to ensure an efficient operation of the Qatar Lounge.
- Interact with customers by explaining the food and beverages on offer. Gauge needs and make recommendations to meet the exact needs of the Qatar premium customers.
- Ensure that all customers are afforded a highest quality of service through continuous improvement to product and services. Constantly seek customer feedback and opportunities to develop the lounge product and communicate such in a concise manner to Qatar personnel.
- Responsible for the presentation of all food and beverage, ensuring quality, quantity are consistently monitored, maintained and display is as per set specification.
- Where possible follow food ratio guidelines set out by Qatar are followed.
- Ensure buffet and stock levels of all food and beverage items are properly maintained and replen-ished regularly as required and in accordance with food and safety standards. Control and monitor hygiene standards as per HACCAP.
- Provide training and guidance to service staff on the presentation and display of food.
- Ensure personal and food hygiene, as well as housekeeping standards in the lounge food services areas and kitchen are adhered to, as per company policy.
- Ensure all food orders are completed daily to ensure sufficient supplies of food stocks and at all times.
- Ensure that at the end of each service the kitchen is cleaned down and ready for the following shift.
- Ensure that back of house is kept clean and tidy at all times, including fridge and freezers and other store areas.
- Ensure that all products stored or displayed are date coded, stock rotated and labelled correctly using the shelf life rule.
- Ensure that sufficient preparation is completed for the following shift.
- Interact with Lounge customers to gain feedback on service and product. Communicate finding to Lounge Supervisor / Lounge Manager / Qatar staff in a timely manner. Liaise with Sodexo and Qa-tar Lounge team for any irregularities and other important information that impact the lounge operations. Communicate product, service and customer issues to Sodexo and Qatar staff, so that corrective action can be taken in a timely manner.
- Adhere to standard recipes and food specifications and knowledge book and plating specifications.
- To dress accordingly to the standards and guidelines advised, and wear the supplied uniform gar-ments at all times when on duty and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene.
- To only use products and equipment supplied and specifically for the job.
- Ensure that all H&S & F&S documentation for example cleaning schedules and temperature rec-ords are signed off daily once all tasks have been completed.
- Comply with all legal and company procedures / polices relating to food safety, health and safety and personal hygiene.
- Sign in and out when on shift to ensure hours worked are paid correctly. Follow the shift’s rosta.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as requested and use the training given when neces-sary.
- Act as a positive ambassador for the business and show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- Follow procedures for sickness, lateness and holidays.
- Chef experience
- Kitchen experience
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Lounge experience
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.