We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Housekeeping Manager to oversee the housekeeping department in one our private schools in Edgware, London.
The ideal candidate will be working for the largest contract catering company in the world. You will be managing a large team with the assistance of 1 very qualified supervisor. Overseeing the building as well as the sports centre.
As a Housekeeping Manager you will enhance the customer experience and reputation of Chartwells by effectively managing the cleaning operation within the school and making sure we adhere to the client service level agreement and company standards & procedures. You will be responsible for the labour and consumable budget with the assistance of a finance manager. If this sound like you, then we would like to hear from you today.Package description
£24k - £26k per annum
Mainly Mon - Fri, with occasional weekends, between hours of 11am - 7pm
Free car parking, meals on duty, uniforms supplied
Company benefits, which include opportunity to join the pension and share scheme, plenty of discounts with various retailers.
Opportunity for progression.
Easy access by public transport
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.Main responsibilities
- To promote a safety culture and ensure the cleaning team are aware of and operate in accordance with company and client Health & Safety procedures at all times
- To ensure the Cleaning team are engaged and managed effectively to achieve their performance targets.
- To ensure the right number of people, trained to the right skill level are in place to achieve the required cleaning service
- Will liaise with the client as appropriate seeking opportunities to improve the cleaning offer
- To manage the cleaning labour, equipment & resources budget for the contract in line with company targets
- To ensure the cleaning operation continually improves in all areas of the operation – Quality, Cost, Delivery & Safety
- Completing on site audits
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including COSHH
- Good numerical and written skills
- Must have an eye for detail
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Needs to have experience in best way to reduce labour costs
- Work well within a team and get the best out of each individual
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent people management skills
- It would be to your advantage if you have managed the housekeeping department in a large hotel or a large high profile office bloc
- IT literate
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements including attending.