Executive Chef – Major Events & Bateaux
We have an exceptional opportunity for a talented culinary professional to join the dedicated, motivated team at Sodexo Sports and Leisure. The role is primarily based at Ascot racecourse with our events team however will also involve support to the Head Chef at Bateaux London. This is a rare opportunity to join the team in a leadership position, overseeing the culinary offers across our range of events whilst working with Clients to ensure expectations are exceeded.
For more information see Chef and Culinary Careers
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship, RHS Chelsea Flower Show and the Rugby World Cup.
Up to £60,000 + 15% Bonus + Flexible Benefits Package + PensionMain responsibilities
This prestigious role involves designing and delivering innovative food offers across the range of our events, working with Clients to understand their requirements and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Developing the food offer strategy in line with emerging trends whilst ensuring profits are delivered and financial service levels are met. Leading the kitchen brigade, you will manage an engaged, effective workforce whilst driving continuous improvement of people, systems and offers. You will have the opportunity to work with Chefs at the highest level, putting on amazing events across the country.Ideal candidate
- Flexibility to travel – this role involves regular travel and time away from home during May – July
- Outside of event season the role can offer more flexible working
- Mix of fine dining, hospitality and retail food offers
- Capable to manage large teams of casual chefs (Up to 50)
- Financial awareness and understanding of Profit & Loss accounts and cost controls
- Excellent planning skills
- Previous high volume events or stadia experience
- A passionate, energetic individual who loves cooking and loves delivering seasonal, tasty, on trend food
- Proven and extensive knowledge and experience of the premium restaurant sector and / or venue and sporting market
- Ability to communicate at all levels and have excellent presentation skills