General Services Manager (soft FM - 6m FTC/Secondment)
4 days left
- Full Time
As General Services Manager you'll ensure the seamless mobilisation of all soft services across multiple sites within a defined geographical area (territory).for our new Government contract; soft FM services include cleaning, catering, security approved premises services, workplace services, window cleaning and waste.
We are proud to have been awarded this new five-year contract to deliver soft facilities management services at 275 properties at locations stretching from mid-Wales to Scotland. We are committed to helping our client organisation achieve their vision to be the best-in-class facilities management function across Government.
We operate in both central and local government.
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
In a variety of other public services, including the emergency services, our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce costs to the taxpayer.
**These roles are immediate start 6 months fixed term contract or secondment with line manager approval opportunities - territory to be discussed at interview. However, this role will be based in the Midlands and may involve some travel throughout the North region**
Competitive salary of £30,800-£36,000 DOE + benefits including car, bonus, and pension.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.Main responsibilities
- Ensure the seamless mobilisation of all soft services within the client organisation contract: cleaning, catering, security approved premises services, workplace services, window cleaning and waste across multiple sites within a defined geographical area (territory).
- Management, co-ordination and control of all activity within territory to ensure the contract is set up to operate as set out in the contract Schedule of Requirement (SOR) and operational manuals, across the designated contract and affiliated sites.
- Facilitate the successful transfer of staff and services across multiple incumbent service providers ensuring continuity of services from mobilisation/transition to operational phase.
- Assist the contract management team in achieving the transformation deliverables as set out in the bid
- Comprehensive experience gained within a multi-site environment across multiple soft service lines
- Proven experience within the relevant soft service areas
- Proven experience of managing long-term client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Proven ability to develop new business opportunities
- Qualification or relevant experience in Business Management.
- Management knowledge of HSWA, IOSH and COSHH.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Computer literate
- Experience of supporting previous mobilisation projects and TUPE highly desirable
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.