Chef de Partie
CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Ampersand, an experienced player specialising in bespoke catering at some of the UK's most iconic venues and visitors attractions.
Salary: Depending on Experience
Working Pattern: 5 days over 7/ 40 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Contact Name: Miriam Kirk
We are looking to recruit a new chef at a Hotel & Conference Centre in Leicester. This is a permanent position with the potential for development. Applicants must be lovers of food and have high quality standards.
Job specification, Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assisting the Head Chef in preparation of all foods.
• Maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen unit in accordance with company standards and statutory regulations.
• To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
• To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour.
• To ensure all employees in your direct control adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Operational Standards.
• To ensure through effective communication, that all unit employees are aware of desserts and correct price is charged.
• To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold.
• Someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
• We are looking for someone who is willing to always push culinary boundaries.
• Ideally have worked in a restaurant/hospitality/hotel kitchen.
• Minimum of two years’ experience.