Elior UK have been awarded a 10 year contract to deliver retail catering to the Bart’s Trust. Newham University Hospital is the latest site to go live, and we are looking for an experienced General Manger to help drive change and deliver exceptional customer service.
Newham University Hospital, Glen Road, Newham, London, E13 8SL
Summary of Role
Our General Manager will be responsible for sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by overseeing the management of the catering team and overseeing the kitchen team to deliver culinary and customer service excellence. Responsible for managing a team to deliver innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As General Manager for Elior you will be expected to:
- Lead Heads of Departments to ensure proactive management of teams on site. Accountable for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, our customer and clients.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior eXperience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As General Manager for Elior we look for:
- Experience in a similar role for the past 3 years
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Management of a team of 20 or more
- The ability to work under pressure and without instruction
- Food safety level 3
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole experience matters at Elior we look for someone who shares the same values:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
Salary & Benefits
£35,000.00 plus performance related bonus
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
37.5 Hours Per Week Full time over 7 days
David Harris, Contract Director, David.Harris@elior.co.uk
Monday 16th October 2017 at 17:00